The Idaho Business Review has announced the recipients of the 2010 Idaho Health Care Heroes awards.
Now in its fifth year, the Health Care Heroes program recognizes the invaluable contributions made by individuals and organizations in the health care field statewide.
Joining the IBR in this effort is longtime partner Idaho State University. Other program affiliates include the Idaho Hospital Association, Idaho Medical Association, Idaho Health Care Association, Idaho Alliance of Leaders in Nursing, and the Medical Group Management Association.
Awardees will be featured in a Health Care Heroes magazine, which will publish in the Oct. 11 issue of the Idaho Business Review, and honored at a dinner event on Friday, Oct. 8 at the Boise Centre at 850 W. Front St. in downtown Boise, starting with a cocktail reception beginning at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. The event is open to the public. Individual tickets are $65. For reservations, contact Megan Wood at 208-639-3520 or email@example.com. Reservations can also be made online by clicking here.
A total of 23 honorees in eight categories were selected for awards. Categories include: Community Outreach, Educator, Elder/Hospice Care, Emergency Services, Health Care Innovator, Health Care Professional, Physician and Rehabilitation Care. All honorees will be given awards and one recipient in each of the categories will receive an additional “Top Honor,” which will be announced during the awards event.
Here is the list of this year’s honorees:
• Judith Hobbs, manager, Saint Alphonsus Family Center; C.A.R.E. Maternal/Child Health Program, Boise
• Susan Sheridan, co-founder and president, Consumers Advancing Patient Safety, Eagle
• WhatsTheRealCost.org, consumer cost education campaign, Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, Boise
• Dr. Suzanne Allen, vice dean for regional affairs; family medicine physician, University of Washington School of Medicine, Boise
• Dr. Caroline Faure, assistant professor of sport science and physical education, Idaho State University, Pocatello
• Dr. Miki Goodwin, professor and accelerated bachelors in nursing program coordinator, Idaho State University: Meridian Health Sciences Center, Meridian
• Kathy Adams, administrator, Magic Valley Manor – A Safe Haven Home, Wendell
• Idaho End-of-Life Coalition, Boise
• Lane Corless, paramedic, Ada County Paramedics, Boise
• Christopher Shandera, EMT, Ada County Paramedics, Boise
• Jeremiah Wickham, paramedic, Ada County Paramedics, Boise
HEALTH CARE INNOVATOR
• Dr. Lisa Dockter, family physician, Primary Health Medical Group, Meridian
• Dr. Robert Friedman, Idaho Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Boise
• Dr. Uwe Reischl, professor of public health, College of Health Sciences, Boise State University, Boise
HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL
• Joy Cameron, co-owner; director of service coordination and community relations; vice president, A New Leaf Inc.; Sojourn Inc., Meridian
• Dr. Glenda Carr, clinical assistant professor of pharmacy practice, Idaho State University College of Pharmacy, Boise
• Cheryl Wilfong, community liaison admissions nurse, Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital, Boise
• Dr. Perry Brown, director of pediatric education, Family Medicine Residency of Idaho; associate director, Cystic Fibrosis Center of Idaho, Boise
• Dr. John Kriz, dentist, Children’s Free Dental Clinic, Boise
• Dr. Lauren Seeberger, medical director, Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital Movement Disorders Center, Boise
• Sean Burlile, rehabilitation counselor, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Boise
• Gen Ludwig, injury prevention and care coordinator, Boise State University Campus Recreation, Boise
• Dr. Vic Kadyan, physician, Boise Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic, Boise