The Idaho Business Review will honor the state’s top commercial construction projects of the last year during an Idaho Top Projects awards reception July 28 in the Idaho State Capitol building in Boise. Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter will speak at the event.
The event is open to the public and begins at 3:30 p.m. in the Capitol’s 4th floor lounge, House side, room E413. Appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Admission is free, but registration is required. Click here to register. For more information, call Megan Wood at 639-3520.
The awards reception coincides with the annual publication of the IBR‘s Idaho Top Projects magazine, which this year features 64 commercial projects started or completed in 2009 in the areas of government, office/retail and private. The top three projects in each category will receive awards during the event.
The Idaho Top Projects magazine will be published in the IBR on July 19 and distributed at the July 28 awards reception. Here is the list of projects featured in this year’s magazine:
1. Idaho State Capitol Restoration and Underground Wings Expansion, Boise, $86 million, Jacobsen-Hunt Joint Venture
2. I-84: Ten Mile Road Interchange, Ada County, $33.7 million, Idaho Sand & Gravel
3. Middleton High School, Middleton, $30.7 million, Beniton Construction
4. Caldwell School District – Van Buren and Washington elementary schools, Caldwell, $22.6 million, McKinstry
5. South Junior High School, Boise, $22.4 million, CM Co.
6. U.S. 30: Portneuf River Bridges, McCammon, $21.6 million, Scarsella Brothers Inc.
7. College of Southern Idaho Health Sciences Human Services Building, Twin Falls, $20.5 million, Starr Corp.
8. Boise State University CESED – Center for Environmental Science and Economic Development, Boise, $20 million, ESI Construction
9. U.S. 30: Topaz Bridge, Lava Hot Springs, $18.1 million, Idaho Construction Co.
10. I-84: Vista Avenue Interchange, Boise, $17.8 million, Central Paving Inc.
11. I-84: Garrity Interchange Bridge and 11th Avenue to Garrity Blvd., Canyon County, $17.6 million, Concrete Placing Co.
12. I-84: Orchard Street Interchange, Boise, $15 million, McAlvain Construction
13. University of Idaho ASUI Kibbie Dome Renovation, Moscow, $11.5 million, Walsh Construction Co.
14. Idaho State University Meridian Health Sciences, Meridian, $11.3 million, Sletten Construction Co.
15. Chubbuck IC to Pocatello Creek IC – Phase 1, Chubbuck, $11.2 million, Knife River – Southern Idaho Division
16. Post Falls Water Reclamation Facility Expansion, Post Falls, $11.2 million, RSCI
17. Garden Valley School Pre-K-12, Garden Valley, $11 million, CM Co.
18. Renaissance High School – Joint School District No. 2, Meridian, $10.5 million, Beniton Construction
19. Nampa High School Expansion & Modernization – Phase 2, Nampa, $9.4 million, The Ewing Co.
20. Kimberly Intermediate Elementary School, Kimberly, $9.2 million, Starr Corp.
21. Enaville Well Water Treatment Plant, Kellogg, $8.7 million, Contractors Northwest
22. Veterans Administration Regional Office Building, Boise, $8.2 million, LarKor Construction Co. & Macro-Z-Technology Inc.
23. U.S. 30: 12th Street to Crystal Springs Road, McCammon, $7.7 million, LeGrand Johnson Construction Co.
24. New Horizons Elementary School, Nampa, $7.6 million, The Ewing Co.
25. Boise State University Aquatic Center, Boise, $6.2 million, Layton Construction Co.
26. Driggs-Reed Memorial Airport Runway & Parallel Taxiway Project, Driggs, $6.1 million, Knife River – Southern Idaho Division
27. Plummer Wastewater Treatment Plant, Plummer, $6 million, Contractors Northwest
28. Hemmingway Substation Central Building & Concrete Foundations, Owyhee County, $5 million, Energy Erectors Inc.
29. Wilder Elementary School, Wilder, $4.1 million, CM Co.
30. North Junior High School Gymnasium Addition, Boise, $4 million, Sletten Construction Co.
31. University of Idaho Remote Wood Chip Storage Facility, Moscow, $3.7 million, McKinstry Essention Inc.
32. Approach Lighting System (ALSF) Bridge Runway 10R, Boise, $3.6 million, RSCI
33. Initial Point High School, Kuna, $2.3 million, Kepha Construction
34. Nampa Prestressed Concrete Water Reservoir, Nampa, $2.2 million, McAlvain Construction
35. McCall Lakefront Improvements, McCall, $2.1 million, Hillside Landscape Construction
36. Lynn Peterson House, Coeur d’Alene, $2 million, Contractors Northwest
37. Allumbaugh House (Region Four Substance Abuse and Mental Health Crisis Center), Boise, $1.8 million, EKC
1. Walmart Supercenter, Twin Falls, $14.5 million, McAlvain Construction
2. Silverstone Plaza, Meridian, $14 million, Jordan-Wilcomb Construction
3. Petsmart & T.I. Remodel, Boise, $2.7 million, Contractors Northwest
4. Oregon Tile & Marble, Boise, $2.2 million, The Russell Corp.
5. Franklin Park Development, Nampa, $2.1 million, HC Company Inc.
6. Mason Creek Retail Shops, Meridian, $1.7 million, McAlvain Design Build
7. Maverik, Meridian, Morgan Construction Inc. Project cost not listed.
1. Portneuf Medical Center Expansion and Renovation, Pocatello, $100 million, Layton Construction Co.
2. Boise Plaza Parking Garage, Boise, $12.2 million, Wensel Construction Inc.
3. Mountain View Hospital Expansion, Idaho Falls, $9 million, Layton Construction Co.
4. Bridgepoint Church, Boise, $7.5 million, Hill Construction Co.
5. University of Phoenix – Meridian, Meridian, $4.8 million, Layton Construction Co.
6. Grace Assisted Living at Englefield Green, Boise, $4.7 million, K2 Construction
7. Spring Creek Overland Senior Living, Boise, $4.5 million, CCI Construction Inc.
8. Apollo College, Boise, $3.8 million, Kreizenbeck Constructors
9. The Ambrose School, Meridian, $3.2 million, J&L Development
10. Riverstone International School, Boise, $2.9 million, Petra Inc.
11. SilverWing at Sandpoint, Sandpoint, $2.1 million, Contractors Northwest
12. Swire Coca-Cola Addition, Fruitland, $2.1 million, K2 Construction
13. Meridian Pediatrics, Meridian, $1.6 million, Guho Corp.
14. University Bible Church, Chubbuck, $1.5 million, Hill Construction Co.
15. Centennial Distributing Expansion, Coeur d’Alene, $1.3 million, Contractors Northwest
16. Idaho Central Credit Union Overland Branch, $1.3 million, CM Co.
17. Northwest Nazarene University Dooley & Culver Dormitory Remodels and Commons Area, Nampa, $1.2 million, Hill Construction Co., Meridian
18. Home Federal Bank, Boise, $1.1 million, Benchmark Construction
19. Priest Retirement House, Boise, $1.1 million, Golis Construction
20. Middle Creek Dental, Nampa, $1 million, Mike Hollingsworth Construction