Finalists have been selected in the fifth annual Idaho Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP, Kickstand and Idaho Technology Council and sponsored by the Idaho Business Review and Idaho National Laboratory.
Winners and finalists will be recognized at a special awards presentation during the Idaho Technology Council’s inaugural Hall of Fame Celebration on Oct. 27 at the Boise Centre. Registration is available online at www.idahotechcouncil.org until Oct. 22. Ticket prices are $50 for ITC and Kickstand members, and $75 for non-members. A table of eight is $360 for members and $560 for non-members.
The Idaho Innovation Awards recognizes innovative accomplishments in four categories. The categories and 2010 finalists are listed below (finalists are listed in alphabetical order):
Commercialized Innovation of the Year
• Cloud Imaging Processing for Water Quality Analysis by pSi Flow Technology Inc.
• Lodestar by M2M Communications
• Silicone Hay Preservation by Nurturite, LLC
Early-Stage Innovation of the Year
• Novel Nanoparticles that Kill Cancer Cells by Boise State University
• Supercritical / Solid Catalyst by the Idaho National Laboratory
• Triclosan for Reducing Chemotherapy Heart Damage by Boise State University
Innovative Company of the Year
• PKG User Interface Solutions Inc.
• Unity Medical
Innovator of the Year
• Dan Aargon, general manager and head designer, Cold Chain LLC
• Robert Fox, chemist, Idaho National Laboratory
• Tom LaJoie, president, eTripTrader Inc.
The nominations were judged by a selection committee consisting of leaders from Idaho’s business, technology and academic communities. Votes were tallied by accountants at Cooper Norman.
Prior to the Hall of Fame and Innovation Awards presentations, members of Idaho’s business and technology communities will display their innovative products and technologies during an Innovation Showcase from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. To register to exhibit at the Innovation Showcase, go to www.stoel.com/innovationshowcase.