Environmental educator wins national award
Kristin Lundstrom, an environmental educator and volunteer coordinator at Boise Parks & Recreation’s Foothills Learning Center, has received a 2010 State Trail Worker Award from American Trail’s National Trails Awards Program.
The State Trail Worker Award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions and provided consistent support for trail planning, development or maintenance.
Lundstrom was honored for developing The Story Trail on the grounds of the Learning Center.
CWI inducts trustees, elects new chairman
The College of Western Idaho held the official oath of office for one new and one returning board of trustee members who were elected by Ada and Canyon county voters Nov. 2. Stanley Bastian, who ran unopposed, and Gordon Browning, who won seat two, were sworn into office by Board Chairman Guy Hurlbutt. The college also paid tribute to exiting board member Tammy Ray, who did not run for reelection.
Upon completion of the inductions, the board members conducted the election of officers during the organizational meeting as specified by CWI board policies. Bastian was elected chairperson, trustee M.C. Niland was reelected vice chairperson, and trustee Mark Dunham continues in the secretary / treasurer role.
Hurlbutt, who served the maximum two-year duties of board chair, will continue as an active board member and past chairman.
New members elected to BSU Foundation board
Several members were elected or re-elected to the board of directors for the Boise State University Foundation at its October meeting.
The following were elected as officers for a one-year term:
• Chair – Candi Allphin, senior vice president and group manager of business and private banking for U.S. Bank
• Vice chair – Joy Kealey, owner of Chicago Connection
• Secretary – Linda Yanke, president of Yanke Machine Shop
• Treasurer – Jason Coronado, tax partner for Deloitte Tax LLP
The following will serve three-year terms that expire in 2013:
• A.J. Balukoff, certified public accountant and president of the Boise School District board
• Allen Dykman, president of Dykman Electrical Inc.
• Richard Fedrizzi, director of the Richard and Patsy Fedrizzi Family Foundation
• Dennis Fitzpatrick, president and CEO of D.B. Fitzpatrick and Co. Inc.
• Bill Glynn, president of Intermountain Industries Inc.
• Dean Klein, vice president of memory systems development for Micron Technology Inc.
• Royanne Minskoff
• Rick Navarro, CFO of Albertsons LLC
• Harvey Neef, president of Contract Floors Inc.
• Patricia Olsson, partner in Moffatt, Thomas, Barrett, Rock and Fields, Chtd.
• Debra Riedel, first vice president, wealth management, for Smith Barney
• Mark Rivers, CEO of Brix and Co.
Joshua Evett elected Elam & Burke managing director
Joshua Evett has been elected managing director of Elam & Burke law firm. He replaces James LaRue, whose three-year term in that position was completed at the end of 2010.
Evett joined the firm in 2002. In addition to his role managing the firm, he will also serve on the executive committee and will continue an active practice in business and commercial litigation.
Elam & Burke is located in Boise, and its areas of emphasis include commercial, environmental and insurance litigation, bankruptcy, and more.