Pocatello dentist wins achievement award
Pocatello dentist John T. “Jack” Mooney was awarded the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award at the Idaho State Dental Association’s annual meeting in July. The award is given each year to a dentist whose contributions to dentistry and volunteerism have significantly impacted the quality, scope and direction of dentistry in the state and benefited his or her community.
Mooney has been practicing general dentistry in Pocatello for 38 years and currently practices at Sage Dental with his partner, Kyle Siemen.
Mooney has been a member of the American and Idaho state dental associations for almost 40 years and has served in various leadership capacities throughout that time.
Idaho dentists’ group elects new leadership
The Idaho State Dental Association elected its 2011-2012 leadership at its annual convention in Sun Valley earlier this summer. Gregory Bengtson of Lewiston succeeds Jack Fullwiler of Coeur d’Alene as president of the ISDA.
The Idaho State Dental Association 2011-2012 leadership includes:
• President: Gregory Bengtson, Lewiston
• President-elect: Jack Klure, Meridian
• Vice president : Jack Kulm, Wendell
• Secretary / treasurer: S. John Staley, Boise
• Immediate past president: Jack Fullwiler, Coeur d’Alene
Board of trustees:
• Idaho Panhandle Dental Society: Thomas Smart, Coeur d’Alene
• Lewis-Clark Dental Society: James Pierce, Lewiston
• Southwest Idaho Dental Society: Dustin Connaughton, Boise and John Slattery, Boise
• South Central Idaho Dental Society: Joel Newton, Twin Falls
• Southeast Idaho Dental Society: Dennis Hatch, Blackfoot
• Upper Snake River Dental Society: J. Jeffrey Ybarguen, Idaho Falls
• Western Treasure Valley Dental Society: Spencer Lloyd, Caldwell
Society (local) leadership:
Southwest Idaho Dental Society
• President: Devin Stampfli, Boise
• Vice President: Scott Alexander, Boise
• Secretary: Jace Hansen, Boise
• Treasurer: Eric Ballou, Boise
South Central Idaho Dental Society
• President: Tim Hopkins, Twin Falls
• President-elect: Nathan Catmull, Heyburn
• Secretary / treasurer: John McLaughlin, Gooding
Lewis-Clark Dental Society
• President: Kevin Henry, Moscow
• President-elect: Cody Haas, Lewiston
• Secretary / treasurer: Dave Wilkinson, Lewiston
Idaho Panhandle Dental Society
• President: Kent McVey Jr., Coeur d’Alene
• President-elect: Justin Rader, Coeur d’Alene
• Treasurer: Erin Elliot, Post Falls
Southeast Idaho Dental Society
• President: Brian Crawford, Pocatello
• President-elect: Shaun Jepsen, Pocatello
• Treasurer: Pamela Goodliffe, Lava Hot Springs
Upper Snake River Dental Society
• President: Michael Elison, Idaho Falls
• President-elect: Phil Lowder, Idaho Falls
• Secretary / treasurer: Bryce Burtenshaw, Idaho Falls
West Treasure Valley Dental Society
• President: Kim Keller, Nampa
• President-elect: Stanton Widmer, Caldwell
• Vice president: Scott Gardner, Nampa
• Secretary: Shaun Christensen, Nampa
• Treasurer: Tom Blaisdell, Caldwell
Eric Dempsey new sales manager at dealership
In August, Meridian Ford hired Eric Dempsey as its sales manager. Before moving to the Boise area in June, Dempsey gained extensive automobile industry experience in New Mexico and Texas.
Eide Bailly hires Band, Simmons and Owen
Eide Bailly has added three more employees to its staff in Boise: Katie Simmons, Grant Band and Alexis Owen.
Simmons is a recent graduate of the University of Montana, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in accountancy and finance and her master’s in accountancy. She provides multiple audit services to a variety of industries. Currently, she is working towards her CPA license and joins Eide Bailly as an audit associate.
Band recently graduated from Boise State University with his master’s degree in accountancy and taxation; he earned his bachelor’s in accounting from the University of Idaho. He has experience providing an array of tax services to various industries. He joins Eide Bailly as a tax associate and is currently working towards his CPA license.
Owen is a recent graduate of Boise State University, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in accounting and her master’s in accountancy and taxation. She provides tax services to a variety of industries. She is involved with the American Institute of CPAs and is currently working towards her CPA license. She joins Eide Bailly as a tax associate.
Vahlberg, Lui join Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group
Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group has added Mick Vahlberg and John Liu to its Emerald Street office.
Vahlberg, a native of Emmett, served in the Air Force and was a remodeling contractor for 22 years. He will focus on resale residential homes and investment properties.
Liu was born in Taiwan and speaks Taiwanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Cebuano and English and has lived in the Philippines and Canada, as well as in Idaho. He will concentrate on residential listings and sales.