Quantcast
Home / News / Business News / Family sues over deadly Tamarack Resort fire

Family sues over deadly Tamarack Resort fire

A wrongful death lawsuit says a fireplace inside an Idaho rental resort cabin exploded, causing the death of four people.

The Idaho Statesman reports Erin Smith reserved the Tamarack Resort vacation rental last year, the weekend before the Fourth of July, for Smith, her husband, daughter, a family friend and his son.

One of the fireplaces exploded, killing everyone but Smith’s husband, William “Mitch” Smith.

The wrongful death lawsuit — brought by Erin Smith’s husband, parents and estate — accuses the current and prior owners of the cabin, a fireplace company and various resort companies of causing the four deaths.

Valley County Coroner Scott Carver identified the dead as Erin Smith, her 7-year-old daughter, Autumn Smith; James “Jim” Harper III and 14-year-old James “JJ” Harper IV.

 

About The Associated Press