Idaho Power encourages its customers to use energy wisely, whether it’s turning down the thermostat, switching to LED lights, or building a new, energy efficient building. We do this because it’s the right thing to do for our customers, our environment and our company.
We want you to have the power to control your energy use and make the right choices for your business. We even offer incentives to businesses for new construction, retrofits and custom projects through Idaho Power’s Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency Program.
We also want you to take advantage of low- and no-cost solutions to save energy and money. Consider the following opportunities in your business:
- Upgrade lights to LEDs, take advantage of daylight and turn lights off when not in use.
- Use smart power strips with built-in occupancy or load-sensing devices that will shut off devices when no activity is present.
- When the facility is unoccupied, raise the temperature during the summer and lower it during the winter.
- Change your air filters at least every three months.
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows that leak air.
- Use power management features on office equipment and look for the ENERGY STAR® label when purchasing new devices.
- Register for My Account to monitor your energy use.
The bottom line is that we want you to use electricity for everything you need. We just want to provide you with the tools to use it wisely. Visit idahopower.com/business to learn more.