Business and organizations are experiencing a slew of unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 virus, but what are some of the opportunities you can claim amongst the chaos and uncertainty?
There are many ways that you can promote and maintain your business or organization during this time, and many of them might have been things you were doing already! So we’ve compiled a quick list of Top 10 Marketing Ideas that can help keep your business alive!
1. Promote the purchase of gift certificates deals and provide a link. For example: “Buy a $50 gift certificate and receive a free (service or product).” The easier and more enticing you make it to purchase gift cards, the more likely people will be to take you up on the offer!
2. Offer curbside pick-up or free delivery within a declared radius of your location. Promote this on your social media channels, on your website, on your Google My Business Page and with your signage!
3. Pre-sell merchandise for your upcoming postponed event, send out an email, offer up free shipping with purchases more than $50. Make it make financial sense to buy now, instead of later.
4. Host your event virtually, live-stream it instead! Don’t cancel that event, take it online.
5. Do online BOGO sales, buy-one-get-one-free! Again, this is about making it make sense for people to buy now, instead of later (or not at all).
6. Host one-on-one online retail shopping experiences through Facetime, Facebook Messenger, Google Duo or any other video chat platform of your choice. Then ship them the items they want to purchase from you! Use online payment services such as Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or whatever your credit card processing of choice.
7. Find creative partnerships with other online retailers or social media influencers! Strike up an online conversation with influencers who can help you promote your brand and get it in front of their audiences.
8. Double down on your digital advertising, purchase Facebook ads and Google AdWords or OTT ads (over the top of live-streaming services such as Hulu, Gaming channels, ESPN, Sling or a bunch of other streaming services) or start an online ad roll campaign today. If you never have before, now is the time to start, as more and more customers are now forced to go online to find products and services.
9. Pick up the phone and call your best clients, thank them for their business and loyalty and ask if there is anything you can do for them during this unprecedented time. How can you help them (without risking anyone’s health of course)? Can you send them something, make a referral or something else? How can you help them with whatever your services or products are? Stay top of mind and a part of your customer’s lives in useful and genuine ways.
10. Find positive and productive things to do with your time! Write blog posts, white papers, eBooks, get caught up on your social media posts and create content for the next three months! Review your marketing strategy and look at where you will need to adapt your plan, find ways to leverage your dollars and remember marketing is your first line of defense when your business is facing a difficult time.
Do not let this virus win and do not let your business close. Marketing is crucial to keep us all thriving and surviving!
Rhea Allen is co-founder of Peppershock Media, a full-service award-winning ad agency + creative production company established in 2003, the host of the Marketing Expedition Podcast and founder of The Marketing Expedition Community, a place to gather online to gain ideas, insights and marketing inspiration. She was an Idaho Business Review Women of the Year honoree in 2007 and 2020 as well as a 2020 CEO of Influence honoree.