As Idaho continues to grow, so does its construction industry, and we at Idaho Business Review are pleased to share some of last year’s inspiring projects through our 18th annual Top Projects award program.
These 34 finalists for the 2022 program are considered outstanding in one of the following categories:
To be considered for an award, the project must have been built in Idaho — substantially completed between June 1, 2021, and May 31, 2022 — and valued at more than $1 million in construction costs.
Winners are determined by a selection committee of local industry professionals. The selection committee rates each project based on scope of work, overcoming challenges and obstacles, adherence to budget and time constraints and overall project quality.
The top three projects in each category will be announced during a special awards event in October, including Project of the Year. Last year, the 2021 Project of the Year was Micron Center for Materials Research at Boise State University.
Each project will also be eligible for a People’s Choice Award, chosen by event attendees. This award is open to any project submitted to the Top Projects contest. Voters are asked to select one project among all five categories (infrastructure/utility, private, public, renovation and transportation).
Idaho Business Review is also pleased to continue highlighting industry professionals through our third annual Specialty Contractor of the Year award, which will also be announced during the awards event. Last year’s Specialty Contractor of the Year was TVR.
The 2022 Idaho Top Projects awards event is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at Boise Centre East in Boise. Online ticket sales are open: squadup.com/events/2022-top-projects.
2022 Idaho Top Projects finalists
- Multipurpose Range Complex Repair
- Meridian WRRF Liquid Stream Capacity Expansion Project
- Mountain Home Downtown Improvements Project
- SSWD Water System Expansion
- Star Sewer District Southern Lift Station
- Eagle Sewer District – Operations Building
- Elton Family Aquatic Center
- Hearth on Broad
- MKA Office Building at Trackside
- PetIQ Corporate Office
- R+L Carriers Distribution Center
- Ralstin Street Flex
- Syngenta Seeds Seed Health Lab
- The Lucy and Thomas Logan
- Warfield Distillery & Brewery
- WoodSpring Suites
- City of Ketchum Fire Station #1
- Cherie Buckner-Webb Park
- Chubbuck City Hall (New)
- Eagle City Hall Expansion
- Meridian High School Auditorium Addition and Locker Room Remodel
- Moscow Police Services Facility
- Orchard Combat Training Center Fire Station
- Owyhee High School
- Valley View Elementary
- CTC Telecom
- Fred Meyer
- Lombard Conrad Architects Office
- Treasure Valley Institute for Children’s Arts (TRICA)
- Eagle Road and Amity Road Roundabout Improvements
- ITD SH-44 & Eagle Road Intersection
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County Airport Taxiway Reconfiguration
- US-20, I-15 Interim Ramp Modifications
- US 95 Pend Oreille Long Bridge
The 2022 Idaho Top Projects Selection Committee
Suzie Hall, founder and CEO of The Cornerstone Collective
Wayne Hammon, CEO of Idaho Associated General Contractors
Jana Knoll, executive director of BOMA Idaho
Matt Stoll, executive director of COMPASS
Sheree Willhite, senior engineer at Idaho Power