Boise Entrepreneur Week is set to host its annual pitch competitions from Oct. 2-6, where 14 finalists will compete for a total funding pool of $210,000. Apart from the cash rewards for the top performers, Connetic Ventures will identify one standout pitch finalist to receive $100,000 in equity funding.
This event features two distinct competitions: the main pitch competition and the Trailmix pitch competition, presented by Albertsons. The Trailmix competition specifically caters to food and beverage startups. The Trailmix grand prize winner not only receives a cash reward but also gains shelf space at Albertsons’ Broadway store in Boise, with the possibility of expanding to other regional stores upon strong sales performance. Each competition allocates $50,000 for its grand prize winner and an additional $5,000 for the runner-up.
Startups competing in this year’s main pitch event:
- beUtofullness: Utilizing animated characters to assist children in understanding and managing their emotions.
- Fabricure: Aiding brands in quantifying their textile waste and achieving approximately 50% cost savings compared to other recycling methods.
- Flashpoint Building Systems: Employing patented technology to print floor plans directly onto building subfloor systems, eliminating manual errors and time-consuming processes.
- Fresh Clothes: Providing a mobile laundry pickup and delivery service with a 24-hour turnaround, focusing on cleanliness, convenience and customer service.
- Hackysack Security: Delivering cybersecurity education tailored to children, a demographic vulnerable to cyber threats.
- On Glass Adapter: Offering a kit that enables users to attach their smartphones to optical devices like spotting scopes, binoculars or telescopes.
- SeekingSimple: Leveraging consumer behaviors, ingredient data, grocery store integration and digital solutions to combat prevalent food-related diseases.
- Soiltech Wireless: Creating a soil sensor capable of monitoring data throughout an entire agricultural growth cycle.
- Topline Revenue Management: Providing revenue management services for hotels through innovative software, enabling clients to competitively assess corporate negotiated rates.
Trailmix pitch competition contenders:
- Blue Toad Botanicals: Specializing in therapeutic functional mushrooms and botanical blends, with a primary focus on enhancing stomach health.
- Matea Wellness: Offering a powdered form of yerba mate, a popular South American drink known for its natural energy-boosting properties and health benefits.
- Nosh Foods: Crafting a non-dairy cheese alternative made from fermented cashews, catering to a diverse range of consumers with its versatility and variety of flavors.
- Profound Better Biome: Producing a drink designed to aid in healing and restoring consumers’ stomach microbiomes.
- Sojourn Foods: Providing a range of all-natural dried fruit products, sustainably sourced from Cambodia.
Community members interested in supporting their favorite startup can register for free at boiseentrepreneurweek.org. Event sponsors include Platinum Sponsor Zions Bank, and Gold Sponsors Albertsons, Alturas Ventures, City of Boise, In Time Tec, SBDC Idaho, Umpqua Bank, and Vynyl.